The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) operated Maharajas’ Express train is one of the world’s leading luxury tour trains in India, as mentioned on the official website – maharajas.com. The Maharajas’ Express train started in the month of March in 2010 and is considered as the costliest train on the earth, according to the website. It has 23 huge carriages and runs on five circuits, covering over 12 famous destinations of India. The train is a kilometer long with fourteen mentors, which combine lodges and suites.
Here are 10 key things to know about Maharajas’ Express:
1. The Maharajas’ Express features five carriages for deluxe cabins, six for junior suites, two for suites and one for a grand presidential suite.
2. Every cabin has large panoramic windows.
(Maharajas’ Express has two dining restaurants.)
3. All passenger cabins come with air conditioning facility, as mentioned on the website.
4. LCD televisions, DVD players, direct dial telephone and internet facilities are also available.
5. In-house movies and live television keep passengers entertained through the royal journey, said Maharajas’ Express.
(Maharajas’ Express is one of the luxurious train.)
6. Maharajas’ Express is equipped with 110/230V sockets. Every cabin also has its own electronic safe deposit box.
7. The Maharajas’ Express has two dining restaurants that seat 42 persons so that everyone on board can dine together. House wines and beer are served while dining.
8. The train is also equipped with a water filtration plant.
9. One exotic Safari bar with the choicest collection of house brands of wines, beer and spirits with snacks are offered on a complimentary basis to every passenger. There’s also a lounge cum bar – Rajah Club – with comfortable club arm-chairs. The Maharajas’ Express also houses a high-end boutique featuring exquisite and unique creations.
10. The Maharajas’ Express accepts credit cards, master, visa, and amex cards on-board. A surcharge is applicable on all payments made using credit / debit cards, noted Maharajas’ Express on its website.
Read Original Article